Why Join PTA?
Read below for all the great reasons to start or join a PTA.
PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. Today's PTA is comprised of 5 million parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, foster parents and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. We speak with one voice for every child.
Today, the issues affecting our children extend beyond their individual schools. The PTA's nationwide network provides parents with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to the PTA.
Many benefits our children receive today, such as universal kindergarten, the National School Lunch Program, and a juvenile justice system, were accomplished as a result of the PTA mission.
With Today's PTA, families also have access to important benefits, including:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children magazine, and a robust Back-to-School kit of resources
- Leadership development through state and local training, webinars and e-learning courses
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills
- Prestigious national awards
- Cost savings from national and state retailers and other PTA partners
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our conferences for emerging minority leaders, male mentors, and advocates
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA
To join the PTA or discuss how to bring the PTA to your school, please contact email@example.com.
- Virginia Benefits ~ Are you aware of the many great benefits that you get for just being a member? Did you know you can save 15% at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg?
- Check out the National PTA Member Benefits webpage for details about these and much more!
- Get Connected ~ There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Tap into a Network ~ Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues.
- Watch Yourself Grow ~ By volunteering with PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children.
- Speak Up ~ Because the PTA is a forum for idea exchange and advocacy, PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change.
- Witness Improvement ~ By getting involved in PTA, you'll help make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school's success.
- Be a Role Model ~ As a PTA member, you demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education.
Why Your School Needs A PTA/PTSA
Harnessing The Power Of Volunteers
Shrinking budgets. Increasing class sizes. Government mandates. The challenges of delivering quality education are daunting. There is help. It's the PTA.
It doesn't take much time to get a Parent Teacher Association started either. Find just one parent in your school to take the lead, and before you know it, there will be a group of dedicated parents doing what PTA does best: providing resources and programs to all families.
PTA Start-up Toolkit
PTAs Benefit Everyone
PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. If your school or district does not have a PTA, now is the time. Membership is open to everyone. Your PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure. It sets its own dues.
Some Of PTA's Benefits
- Leverage Volunteer Power. PTA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready to help implement school improvement programs.
- Improve Communication. PTAs frequently coordinate production of a school newsletter and information fliers, keeping the entire school community informed of current events, issues, and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow PTAs to share information with members.
- See Measurable Results. More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars. Local PTAs are self-funding. By inviting the entire school's parent community to join, they generate membership fees to pay for programs. Local PTA fundraisers support school programs, building improvements, and educational events.
- Tap Into Proven Programs. Local PTAs have access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics, to collaborating with teachers and community members, to fundraising, the programs get results.
- Boost Children's Well-Being. PTAs focus on what students need to be successful in their learning, including nutrition, health, school safety, physical fitness and general well-being. PTA works with schools to ensure that children succeed.
- Enjoy Informed Parents. Involved parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
- Fulfill NCLB Obligations. Finally, PTAs can help schools fulfill the parent involvement requirement of the No Child Left Behind Act. PTA understands the needs behind NCLB. In fact, it's PTA's definition of parent involvement that is used in NCLB.
Click HERE To Discover The Member Benefits Of Virginia PTA
Click HERE For More National PTA Member Benefits