Growth & Development Chair
Are you are interested in becoming a member of the Virginia PTA Board of Governance? Now is the time to apply! Not sure? Think about applying for a committee member-at-large position to experience state board work.
Virginia PTA Nominations Committee is seeking individuals for officer and committee chair positions for the elected term 2019-2021. To be considered for an officer or committee chair position, one must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in good standing in Virginia.
Officer positions currently open:
In accordance with the 2019 Virginia PTA Bylaws, Article 6: Officers and their Election, Section 4. The following provisions shall govern the qualifications and eligibility of persons to be officers of Virginia PTA:
1. Each officer shall be a member of a local PTA/PTSA unit in good standing in Virginia.
2. No person shall serve more than one (1) term in office of president or president-elect. A person shall not be eligible to serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in the office of vice president, secretary or treasurer. A person who has served in an office for more than one-half (1/2) of a full term shall be deemed to have served a full term in such office. A full term shall be defined as serving from one (1) election year annual meeting to the next election year annual meeting.
3. A person may be nominated for president-elect, only if he/she has served on the Board of Directors for at least one (1) term.
4. Any person may be nominated for vice-president, secretary, or treasurer.
5. No person shall serve on the Board of Directors in more than one (1) capacity for more than sixty (60) days, unless the current term expires within six (6) months following the election.
6. No person shall hold more than one (1) elected office at a time on this state board.
Specific questions should be addressed to: Jorie Gelnett at email@example.com
* indicates a required field
By submitting this form, you accept the Privacy Statement.
These resources are some of the benefits of being part of our PTA family! These will help your entire board do their jobs and give your PTA structure to run smoothly.
Leadership Toolkit is a road map of PTA resources from our own Virginia PTA as well as National PTA. It's designed to help you find the information you're looking for quickly and easily - to help you run your PTA, do your job, and support the students in your school community.
Support for Your PTA contains ready-to-customize documents for you to use for your PTA to create structure.
Treasurers contains forms and info for your treasurer to help your unit be financially responsible.
Marketing contains tools to help you share the benefits of PTA with your school community.
Nominating Committee and Elections explains our nomination and election process and contains step-by-step guides as you plan to elect your next group of PTA leaders.
National PTA Support includes links to their website, the “Back-to-School Kit” and E-learning Courses. These are wonderful training tools for your entire board that include general “how to serve on a board” into to job specific training.
pdf Virginia PTA University (NEW!) (31 KB) is an incentive program to encourage leadership development. Each level recognizes the accomplishment of PTA members who have earned recognition by completing several requirements. pdf (See sample transcript) (312 KB)