How to Connect
Hands-on, local support combined with robust training resources and a parent driven advocacy platform sets the PTA apart as the leader in supporting local school parent groups.
Looking for resources to run your PTA? Need support for a challenge your community is dealing with? Want to highlight a success story?
Please reach out to your Council PTA first.
Council PTAs are chartered by Virgnia PTA to serve as a support system and point of collaboration within a specific city or county. Council PTAs are led by elected parent volunteers who live in the city/county that they are serving. If your City/County does not have a Council, you can consider starting a Council PTA.
If you do not live in a City/County with a Council PTA, please contact the appropriate person listed below. Please include your name, email address, and the PTA unit name, and school address.
- Family Engagement
- Membership Contests & Campaign Resources: Membershipvp@vapta.org
- Reflections, Student Contests, Impact Awards, Family Events: VPprograms@vapta.org
- Operations (Please review the linked instructions first)
- Re-starting or Chartering a PTA
- Standards of Affiliation (Good Standing)
- Submit Officers
- Submit Compliance (Standards of Affiliation) Documents
- Submit Membership Information
- Remit Membership Dues
- Submit IRS 990 Filing
- 501(c)3 Letters and Organizational Documents: Available in your PTA's MemberHub 'General Documents' section
- Request MemberHub Access
- After reviewing the above resources, if you still need support please contact:
- Technical help using MemberHub: Contact MemberHub Support (1:1 Sessions available)
- General Compliance concerns and/or New PTA Charters: Operations@vapta.org
- Treasurer & Finance Policies: Treasurer@vapta.org
- Bylaws Questions: Bylaws@vapta.org
- Advocacy: Advocacy@vapta.org
Partnerships & Media
- Media inquires: President@vapta.org
- Sponsorships: Partners@vapta.org
Follow us and share your stories by using the tag #VAPTAProud