Share your talents!
A PTA can be no more effective than its leadership. Take the next steps in your PTA career and help us make a powerful impact across the Commonwealth. Maybe you have new ideas, new processes and procedures, or enjoy sharing your success with others. You may be the PTA leader we've been looking for! Application and instructions are available below.
Virginia PTA Nominations Committee is now accepting applications for three vacancies on Committee as at-large members on five Virginia PTA Committees (Advocacy, Bylaws, Family Engagement, Membership & Local Unit Operations) to fullfill the remainder of the 2021-2023 term.
Self-nominations to serve as elected state officers for the 2023-2025 term is now OPEN!
At-Large Committee Members (Serve Until May 2023)
The Nominations Committee is currently seeking at-large members for four Virginia PTA Committees. Virginia PTA Committees meet virtually on a schedule determined by committee members and the Vice President who chairs the committee. New committee members will serve the remainder of the current term, until May 2023.
Local Unit Operations Committee
This new committee will serve as a resource for local units or councils by responding to questions about basic operations and policy best practices. Members of this committee will also utilize MemberHub to identify units that are not in Good Standing and proactively reach-out to offer help and support.
Family Engagement Committee
Promotes PTA Programs. Shares family engagement ideas & event toolkits. Supports grant implementation.
Promotes value of PTA membership and state membership options. Develops membership campaigns. Evaluates membership data and trends and makes recommendations to the Virginia PTA Board of Directors.
Follows state and local policy that impacts student success based on PTA's mission, purpose, approved positions and resolutions. Organizes Virginia PTA Capitol Day & meetings for National PTA Hill Day
Review the Virginia PTA bylaws and Standard Operating Procedures.
- At-large positions on the Family Engagement, Membership and Advocacy Committees may be filled by members whose PTA is not located in a city/county with a Council PTA.
- If your PTA is in county/city with an active Council PTA, please contact your Council PTA to ask about their elections and appointments to these three Virginia PTA committee for 2022-2023.
- Apply Here
Virginia PTA Officers for the 2023-2025 Term
The Virginia PTA Nominations Committee is now seeking leaders to serve as elected state officers for the 2023-2025 term. For positions and responsibilities please refer to the Virginia PTA bylaws.
The Virginia PTA Nominations Committee is now accepting nominations from those interested in serving as a 2023-2025 Virginia PTA elected officer. Eligibility requirements of officers can be found below.
Nominations will remain open and accepted until Friday, January 27, 2023, 5:00 PM Eastern time (ET).
Slate of Officers
- Vice President of Membership
- Vice President of Leadership Development
- Vice President of Family Engagement
- Vice President of Advocacy
- Vice President for Local Unit Operations
- Vice President for Community Partnership
- Bylaws & Policy Director
**Please note that nominations are NOT for the "President" position as the current President-Elect automatically becomes President.
Virginia PTA State Bylaws 2022 Page 8-9 of 19 Article VI: Officers, Section 4 provides provisions that govern the qualifications and eligibility of individuals to be officers of the Virginia PTA.
To be considered as a candidate for an elected officer position, you must complete the below items. All materials must be received on or before Friday, January 27, 2023, before 5:00 PM ET.
E-mail the materials as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating "Nomination" in the subject line. The e-mailed materials must be time-stamped on or before Friday, January 27, 2023 5:00 PM ET via electronic or hard copy at the Virginia PTA State Office.
Candidate's checklist of required materials:
- One-page cover letter sharing your reasons for wishing to be considered for the position(s) you have indicated, as well as the skills and expertise you would bring to the position(s). Cover letter must be on one side of an 8.5" X 11" single sheet of paper, in no smaller than 11 point type, single spaced.
- Completed Professional/Personal Experience Resume
- Current/Previous PTA Involvement Resume
- Current/Previous Community Service Affiliations
- List of 3-5 References [must not be members of the Nominations Committee or VP of Leadership Development]
- Honors and Awards (optional)
- Copy of Conflict of Interest Policy Form
- Copy of current PTA membership card
- Local unit must be in compliance with Virginia PTA
It is imperative that all candidates complete all of the required steps to be eligible for consideration. All slated candidates must follow procedures as provided by the Elections Committee Chair.
Please note: Anyone that is not slated and wishes to run from the floor MUST complete all items of the Candidate's checklist by Thursday, April 20, 2023, at 5:00 PM ET due date to the president at email@example.com, indicating "Nomination" in the subject line.
- Deadline to submit intent to run from the floor is 30 days prior to Annual Meeting, no exceptions,as per Virginia PTA Bylaws Article11. Section 2.c.
- All items on the Candidate's Checklist above must be submitted by all members running from the floor no later than Thursday, April 20, 2023, at 5:00 PM ET.
- All Candidates running from the floor must follow procedures as provided by the Elections Committee Chair.