CURRICULUM - EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Education received during the first five years of a child’s life is important to a child’s long-term educational success. Virginia currently ranks 33rd in the nation in investment in early childhood education. According to the Virginia Kindergarten Readiness Program, almost half of Virginia children enter kindergarten without the basic skills they need to succeed in school.
- Virginia PTA supports funding and programs that increase access to and improve the quality and regulatory oversight of Virginia's early childhood care and education system. This includes expanding Virginia’s Preschool Initiative (VPI) and Mixed Delivery Grants to include at-risk three and four year-olds in both public and private settings.
EARLY CHILDHOOD RESOURCES
- RESOLUTION: Early Childhood Education
- Hunt Institute, Early Childhood Landscape in Virginia
- Governor's Proposal for Early Childhood Reform
- Virginia Department of Education Early Childhood Resources
QUESTIONS: Email Vice President of Advocacy