INFRASTRUCTURE - CLEAN ENERGY FOR SCHOOLS
Schools should take advantage new solar and electric energy technologies that reduce and stabilize energy costs and fossil fuel pollution thus creating a healthier environment for students while concurrently providing real-world STEAM learning opportunities.
Electric School Buses
Support funding, grants and incentive programs that enable school districts to purchase electric school buses and install charging stations and electric transportation infrastructure.
- RESOLUTION: Electric School Buses
- Clean Transportation for Healthier Neighborhoods and Cleaner Air
- Electric school buses are coming to Virginia
- Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner C2 Jouley Electric Buses
- Proterra Battery and Charging Stations
Solar Panels for Schools
The number of Virginia schools embracing solar power has tripled over the past two years because solar offers significant cost savings, clean energy and opportunities for hands-on STEAM lessons. Ninety percent of Virginia's schools use a third party Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Virginia PTA supports legislative action to remove net metering limits and lifting the cap on school use of Power Purchase Agreements to ensure equal access to clean energy solutions for all schools in the state.
- RESOLUTION: Solar for Schools
- Advocacy Tool Kit: Solar Schools Campaign (Generation 180)
- Powering a Brighter Future, A Report on Solar Schools in Virginia
- Virginia schools have seen the light and it's solar
- As schools look to solar, existing state law shuts down further development
QUESTIONS: Email Vice President of Advocacy