Who To Contact
Looking for resources to run your PTA? Need support for a challenge your community is dealing with? Want to highlight a success story?
Hands-on, local support combined with robust training resources and a parent driven advocacy platform sets PTA apart as the leader in supporting local school parent groups.
Connect with your local Council PTA first
Council PTAs are chartered by Virginia PTA to serve as a support system and point of collaboration within a specific city or county. Council PTAs are led by elected parent volunteers who live in the city/county that they are serving. If your City/County does not have a Council, you can consider starting a Council PTA.
If you do not live in a City/County with a Council PTA, please contact the appropriate state officer listed below.
Request State Officer Support
- Please include your PTA unit name in the subject line.
- We strive to reply as swiftly as possible, however, all Virginia PTA officers are volunteers, just like you. So, please allow 24-48 hours for a reply, as we receive large volumes of email.
Please DO NOT call or email state office staff with local unit issues. They support state officers and do not provide direct local unit support, upload your compliance submissions, or upload your membership lists.
PTA Programs, Membership & Training
- Family Engagement (Reflections, Volunteer Awards, Programs, Grant Support): FamilyEngagement@vapta.org
- Membership (Campaigns, Membership Challenges & Awards): Membership@vapta.org
- Leadership Webinar Workshops: Training@vapta.org
- Treasurer & Finance Policies: Treasurer@vapta.org
- Advocacy (Policies, Resolutions, Position statements, Coalitions): Advocacy@vapta.org
- Bylaws Questions: Bylaws@vapta.org
Please review the linked instructions first!
- Find Annual Standard of Affiliation (501c3) letter: Automatically loaded by Virginia PTA to your MemberHub/Givebacks compliance panel after ALL compliance items are submitted, including remitting membership dues.
- About Standards of Affiliation (Good Standing & 501C3 Letters)
- Request MemberHub Access
IF, after reviewing the above resources, you still need operations support:
- Contact MemberHub Support (1:1 Sessions available)
- Contact Your Council PTA
- General Compliance questions: Operations@vapta.org
- Re-starting or Chartering a PTA: Must submit application to Charter@vapta.org
Media & Sponsorships
Follow us and share your stories by using the tag #VAPTAProud
Contact State Officers