Connect with PTA leaders from across Virginia! This annual free event provides an opportunity to discuss the state of our association, vote on bylaws amendments and resolutions that are proposed by members, elect officers biennially and collaborate on ways that we can support students across the Commonwealth.
Join us for a day of inspiration, networking and PTA business!
You have a voice in the direction of the Association!
Saturday May 21, 2022 (9am - 4pm)
Atlee High School, Mechanicsville VA
Registration closes May 15, 2022 to begin credentialling delegates from each PTA.
Discounted hotel accomodations are available until April 19th at Spring Hill Suites Glenn Allen (+1 804-266-9403)
- U.S. Senator Mark R. Warner
- Secretary Aimee Guidera, Virginia Secretary of Education
- Senator Jennifer McClellan, 9th Virginia Senate District
- Delegate Carrie Coyner, 62nd Virginia House District
- Alicia Atkins, Henrico County Public Schools Board Member
- Dr. Sandy Curwood, VDOE Director of School Nutrition Services
- Eddie Oliver, Executive Director, Federation of Virginia Food Banks
- Dr. Michael Gill, Hanover County Public Schools Superintendent
BUSINESS TO BE VOTED ON
- 19 Bylaws Amendments & Articles of Incorporation renewal (See Registration FAQ for details)
- Registered attendees will be invited to participate in a Bylaws Virtual Workshop on May 18th at 6pm.
- Please review voting credentials information on the Registration FAQs
- Volunteer of the Year
- Principal Power Partner of the Year
- Child Advocate of the Year
- Student Video Contest Winners
- Newly Chartered PTAs
- National PTA Grant and Award of Excellence PTAs
NETWORK & EXCHANGE IDEAS @ TABLE TALKS
- How to apply for a grant
- Growing school spirit
- Building a volunteer pipeline
- Advocating for your school
- Tips for high school PTSAs
- Treasurer Q&A
- Hosting a STEM Night
- Family reading events
- Supporting Military Families
- Supporting Special Education Families
- Student Mental Health programs
- Growing Membership
- PTA Connected: Supporting on-line safety & digital citizenship
TRAINING WORKSHOPS (Two 45 minute Blocks)
You can select your training workshops when you register for Annual Meeting. If you are already registered, you can add a workshop to your registration by using the new training ticket located on the main registration page with discount code 'PTATraining'. See full workshop descriptions in the Training Ticket.
PTA Basics Workshops BLOCK 1 (3:15pm - 4:00pm)
- President – Leading the Way
- Treasurer – End of Year Check List
- Membership – Campaigns to Grow Members
PTA Basics Workshops Block 2 (4:15pm - 5:00pm)
- Officers - Building Your PTA Team
- Treasurers – Planning for the New Year
- MemberHub – Making it work for your PTA
More than 16 partners will be there for you to connect with. Visit them virtually in our Vendor Hall!
GETTING THERE & EATING