Why Your School Needs A PTA/PTSA
Harnessing The Power Of Volunteers
Shrinking budgets. Increasing class sizes. Government mandates. The challenges of delivering quality education are daunting. There is help. It's the PTA.
It doesn't take much time to get a Parent Teacher Association started either. Find just one parent in your school to take the lead, and before you know it, there will be a group of dedicated parents doing what PTA does best: providing resources and programs to all families. Contact Us to get started.
PTAs Benefit Everyone
PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. If your school or district does not have a PTA, now is the time. Membership is open to everyone. Your PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure. It sets its own dues.
Some Of PTA's Benefits
- Leverage Volunteer Power. PTA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready to help implement school improvement programs.
- Improve Communication. PTAs frequently coordinate production of a school newsletter and information fliers, keeping the entire school community informed of current events, issues, and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow PTAs to share information with members.
- See Measurable Results. More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars. Local PTAs are self-funding. By inviting the entire school's parent community to join, they generate membership fees to pay for programs. Local PTA fundraisers support school programs, building improvements, and educational events.
- Tap Into Proven Programs. Local PTAs have access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics, to collaborating with teachers and community members, to fundraising, the programs get results.
- Boost Children's Well-Being. PTAs focus on what students need to be successful in their learning, including nutrition, health, school safety, physical fitness and general well-being. PTA works with schools to ensure that children succeed.
- Enjoy Informed Parents. Involved parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
- Fulfill ESSA Obligations. Finally, PTAs can help schools fulfill the parent involvement requirement of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Click HERE To Discover The Member Benefits Of Virginia PTA
Click HERE For More National PTA Member Benefits