Current bylaws are required to be considered in good standing. Virginia PTA requires bylaws revision and approval every five years.
The tools below support the revision process. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- pdf Council Instructions for Bylaws Five Year Revision (211 KB)
- pdf Council President Responsibilities for Five Year Revision (302 KB)
- pdf Council Bylaws Chair Responsibilities for Five Year Revision (197 KB)
- pdf Council Bylaws Checklist (328 KB)
- document 2019/20 Council Bylaws Template - President (43 KB)
- document 2019/20 Council Bylaws Template - President-Elect (49 KB)
- Bylaws Amendment Form
Local Unit, Council and District bylaws amendments are adopted annually by the delegates attending the Virginia PTA Annual Conference.
The approved pounded (#) amendments automatically replace the language in your current bylaws with no action to amend on your part. Please review the amendments approved since your current bylaws took effect and attach a copy of the pounded (#) amendments to your current bylaws.