Current bylaws are required to be considered a district in good standing. Virginia PTA requires bylaws revision and approval every five years.
The tools below support the revision process. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- pdf District Instructions for Bylaws Five Year Revision (198 KB)
- pdf District Director Responsibilities in Five Year Revision (300 KB)
- pdf District Bylaws Chair Responsibilities in Five Year Revision (197 KB)
- pdf District Bylaws Checklist (223 KB)
- document 2019 District Bylaws Template (40 KB)
- Bylaws Amendment Form
Local Unit, Council and District bylaws amendments are adopted annually by the delegates attending the Virginia PTA Annual Conference.
The approved pounded (#) amendments automatically replace the language in your current bylaws with no action to amend on your part. Please review the amendments approved since your current bylaws took effect and attach a copy of the pounded (#) amendments to your current bylaws.