Local Unit Bylaws
Current bylaws are required to be a unit in good standing. Virginia PTA requires bylaws revision and approval every five years.
Tip to Speed up Bylaws Approval: Remember to assign duties and number the vice presidents - if you have two or more vice presidents in your bylaws.
The tools below support the revision process. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- pdf Local Unit Instructions for Bylaws Five Year Revision (213 KB)
- pdf Local Unit President Responsibilities in Five Year Revision (301 KB)
- pdf Local Unit Bylaws Chair Responsibilities in Five Year Revision (197 KB)
- pdf Local Unit Checklist (329 KB)
- document 2020/21 Local Unit Bylaws Template - President (52 KB)
- document 2020/21 Local Unit Bylaws Template - President-Elect (50 KB)
- document Bylaws Amendment Form (37 KB)